Sunday, March 22, 2009

GAME 1: Gunners top the league offensively for the opener

BOXSCORES From the very first kick, the Capital District Gunners were ready. On Thursday, the team got 2 goals and an assist from Fredy Montero. Then on Saturday, more scoring came as three more players contributed on route to a 7 point game and a BIGTIME league high for game one.

Montgomery County put up a good fight and should not be discouraged with its effort, but the teams 4 points would not be enough this time.

9 comments:

  1. "Undefeated" (clap...clap.. clap clap clap)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figures, the one team that outscores me on week 1 is the team I'm up against ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If CDG scores 6 or 7 for several games... then you got beat by a better team. If he scores 1's and 2's for a while, then you got hosed opening day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you got lucky Gateway. lucky i say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great, I will be without Landon against the Gunners. The Galaxy doesn't play this weekend. Time for the rest of my team to step it up. I'll even settle for a draw and take the point :)

    Luck! I'm going all-the-way baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. for this week's game Rojas is on the bench (called up for NT duty) and Mullen will (probably) take his place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if the commish has made it official yet, but I dropped Came Weaver and replaced him with David Ferreira (I didn't catch him on anyone's roster so if he is, please let me know).

    For this week Buddle will be on the bench and Ferreira will be in play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I was late on the update. The move has been posted in the TRANSACTIONS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a problem :) !

    ReplyDelete