Sunday, May 3, 2009

GAME 7: Gunners reclaim first place in soft weekend

BOXSCORES
What happened to all the offense that was displayed last week? After witnessing a bunch of heated battles, this weekend saw almost everyone struggling to gather some points. This weeks leader was Capital District who had 4 points. The team could have had another 6 point outing but left Moreno's 2 goals on the bench. Still, the Gunners won their third in a row and have recaptured first place in the standings for the first time since starting the season 2-0-0.
The much anticipated match-up between Union S.C. and Montgomery County stumbled as most of Union's games have done so far this season into a down and dirty 1-1 draw. Even with all the roster moves made by Union S.C. since the beginning of the season, the verdict remains that this team refuses to lose, but does it in unflattering fashion. Meanwhile the Monarch's suffered their worst offensive outing ever.
D.C. Forever used another clean sheet from Pat Onstad and a couple of assists from Brad Davis and Terry Cooke to defeat the Kickers 3-1.
Gateway United broke its string of hard luck losses with a 3-0 win over Motor City. This is the first time Motor City has been shut out. Meanwhile, the Saints got an assist from newly aquired Freddy Ljundberg.

5 comments:

  1. Would anyone have an interest in a starting up a H2H fantasy European league?

    I've been mulling it over for awhile now, and I'd like to start one up. It'd have a similar setup to our league here. Right now, I'm looking at an EPL league, but haven't ruled out using any other Euro leauges.

    Things are just in the planning stage right now, but I'd like to know if there's interest before I get too deep in to this.

    Also, is there someone who'd be willing to co-commish. I'm really just looking for someone to give me a hand with a few things as the season goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Euro league sounds interesting and if you could do near as good a job as Fred has done in this league it could fun. but I hate to admit I don't know many players in the EPL and would be at a disadvantage and a bit useless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montgomery CountyMay 5, 2009 at 1:59 PM

    I'd definately put my name in the hat for a Euro league ... maybe one that is comprised of the big four Euro leagues ? certainly give for some interesting score lines ...

    And seriously, could someone PLEASE put up some points against Union ? holy crap he's lulling us to the sleep in our games against him ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far there's interest from three owners (four including myself). I'd like to see if we can get at least eight, like we have in our MLS league. I do have some guys from a message board who could be interested in a Euro league, but I wanted to ask you guys first.

    Gateway - I don't think anyone could do as good job as Fred, but I'd like to give it a try. As far as the EPL, don't worry, I've only really been following it myself for about two years.

    Montgomery - That's another setup I'm thinking about. Something like where you can start 2 or 3 players from each league and maybe have a wildcard spot, and then the bench could be made up of anyone.

    Now, I have to figure out the mess that my lineup will be against the Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i could be interested in a big 4 league.

    ReplyDelete